Saturday, April 23, 2011
Recipe: Spice Rubbed Strip Steak Wraps
Spice Rubbed Strip Steak Wraps
2 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps
1/2 lb Strip Steak
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Ground Red Pepper
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1 Sweet Onion (sliced)
1. Mix spices (chili powder, cumin, ground red pepper, salt, pepper and paprika) together
2. Rub spice mixture over strip steak. Allow steak to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes
3. Heat a grill pan on high and spray with non-stick cooking spray
4. Grill the steak approximately 4 minutes on each side (or to desired doneness)
5. Take steak off heat and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing
6. Sauté onions in pan until caramelized (approximately 10 minutes)
7. Serve sliced meat in wheat tortillas with onions
8. Add optional toppings like what is pictured: cubed avocado, salsa, tzatziki sauce* and pickled jalapeños.
*Tzatziki sauce - I just roughly sliced English cucumber and mixed it with yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I like the large slices for additional crunch in the wrap.
I also served the wraps with roasted butternut squash.